View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 20:40
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I am not a CR(er) but I felt the article was completely unfair to those who do CR and a lot of the claims that were made were not justified. It sounds like some disgruntled blogger wrote this. I have seen articles written on low carbing that have tried to have the same pejorative spin.

Also, from what I know about CR it has nothing to do with anorexia or her ridiculous crash diet. The people who CR are trying to do so because they believe that its healthy and try to do it in the healthiest way possible, anorexics try to vanish into nothingness. The reasons behind it and mindsets are completely different. Also, I don't think that living off of 1900 or 1500 calories a day is unreasonable or unhealthy or considered to be starvation. There are many days that I consume between 1100-1500 calories naturally and its not because I am counting calories but simply because I am not hungry. That includes things like butter, cheese, steaks, salads, bacon, eggs etc. If I actually cared enough about packing in all my nutrients I am sure I can get even more nutritional bang for my buck. I don't consider myself on being on some kind of antisocial or starvation diet or anything else and frankly if these CR people believe its the road to life extension or good health or youth etc. more power to them. I think it takes a lot of discipline to follow a plan like that, it certainly isn't for everyone and may not be what I consider the ideal plan but I wish them the best of success. Personally, I will wait for the pill that allows me to live forever lol.