View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 17:48
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

It's great to come to my gym log and find visitors! Thanks for the tips, Demi. I'll stop by yours shortly. It turns out I actually AM doing the inchworm!

Today I was very weary (as a funny story in my journal will explain) but I still went to the gym. It's my goal to go 3x/week and do my abs and resistance (first) and cardio afterward so that I have the other days "off" (in the traditional exercise sense of the word only!) Because I'm leaving on Sunday to see my Mom, I wanted to make sure I got my workout in today and then one on Saturday. But I was fighting some extreme weariness, so I opted to only do abs and resistance today (which as Demi said, is actually a good approach).

I struggled, but think I got a good workout and since some of what I did was explosive kind of work, my heartrate was definitely up there. Here is what I did:

Warm-up - upright bike - 7 minutes

*L-shaped crunches - reaching to feet, with weight/medicine ball, 3 sets of 20

*Crunches USING stability ball (transfer), 3 sets of 20

*Bridges, feet on stability ball - 3 sets, hold for count of 30, pull-in for glute work count of 5

*Planks - 3 sets, hold for count of 30, alternating leg count of 5

*Regular push-ups, 20 total -- 10 beginning of workout, 10 at end

*Push-ups with hands on foam roller - count of 6

*Riser stacking and unstacking (alternating hands in push-up position) - 2 sets

*Inchworm, hold for 10 count, 4 sets

*Assisted pull-ups, 3 sets of 6

*Pull squats balancing on disks, 35#, 3 sets of 15

*Step-ups, with knee-up and arm raises (using 10# weights) - 3 sets of 15 for each leg

*Quick foot switching on step, 3 sets of 50 count (sometimes a few more)

I realize after writing this all out that I neglected my lower body a bit, so tonight I think it would be wise for me to do some lunges. But I'm glad I stopped when I did because I was tired. Also looking at my list I'm proud of what I did considering how beat I was!