#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-07, 17:29
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default LisaZ's Focus on Strength

Well, I guess it's about time I started a gym log considering how much I've been gushing over exercise and how it's saved me on so many levels. For anyone that doesn't need all the details, just skip this post and read on to what I'm currently doing...

My Background

I've been working out throughout the last two years in various ways, focusing primarly on walking (outside and inside, including walking DVDs) while mixing in other things. Walking was actually a mainstay for me for many years and it will continue to be, though I've grown so much with my fitness efforts that it is no just a supplemental part of it.

In 2005 I did a good bit of water aerobics (going back to my roots and also because I was dealing with therapy for the herniated discs in my back and neck). I tried step aerobics and even spinning, but I struggled with the scheduling and the impact on my body. In 2006 I began to focus on the treadmill and the elliptical and concentrate more on weights to supplement the cardio. I succumbed to major business stress in the summer of 2006 and when I began my new LC life in September 2006, I also rediscovered weight training.

In the fall of 2006 I started focusing more on weights than cardio and really began to test and challenge myself. I also started doing more core strengthening. Though it wasn't the most aggressive approach (not like I do now) I DID see and feel a difference. I started PP in November and over the course the last part of 2006 saw a decrease in my hip, waist and bust measurements, though the scale didn't join them.

For Christmas, my DH purchased a set of 5 sessions with a trainer and I honestly have to say it's changed my fitness life. I went from 185 to 178 since the beginning of January and my strength is significantly different. I can now do real push-ups and ab exercises that I never thought I'd survive.

I will be posting both the exercises I've done during the past 5 weeks as well as the new ones added.

My goal is to meet with my trainer once a week and then do "homework" twice more, for a total of just 3x/week of working out. I have a business and home I must take care of and a great deal of other responsibilities that keep me from the luxury of working out whenever I want, but I have made a commitment to do this because I see it as an investment in me.

Yesterday was Meeting 5 with my trainer and I have 6 more left. He has measured me and we will be tracking my progress from that point, although he and I have both noted SIGNIFICANT progress (body shape and strength) since we first started.
Sponsored Links