View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%
Default The fat clothes are in the Goodwill bin...

Hit a major milestone, had to share! I just took all my fat clothes to the Goodwill bin, because almost nothing I've bought in the last two years fits properly any more -- it's all way too big!

In the last year or so, I've lost 52 lbs, even though the stats don't show it -- I started doing low-cal in August 2001, when I weighed 210 lbs, and it took me a year to lose 25 lbs. I switched to Atkins in frustration and hunger at the end of this past August, and I've lost 27 lbs in three months! When I started dieting, I was wearing a size 16-18, but right this minute I'm wearing a size 12 skirt I bought in high school. I talked The Boyfriend into it too (easy enough, since I cook all the meals ), and he's down ~15 lbs but looks to me like he's lost 30 or so.

I wouldn't have started doing Atkins if I hadn't read the NY Times article this summer, though it took me about a month to decide to go through with it. I'm so glad I did -- I feel awesome, I've learned to cook, and even my mom says I look great! This WOE is simply the best -- I *heart* Dr. Atkins!
Sponsored Links