#4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 14:32

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally posted by HLFAN
Hi there, bike2work! You must be in good shape.

I am in excellent shape! Thanks for noticing! I am very strong and muscular, I have incredible endurance in extended athletic events, and my blood pressure is low. Sadly, no one can tell because I carry so much excess fat, which I have a terrible time losing. I think people look at me and assume I just sit all day. But when I climb the six staircases to my cubicle with my colleagues they're all out of breath and I'm fine. (Just had to vent for a moment. Thanks for listening.)
Quote:

Äfter six months, the people on the Atkins diet had lost 31 lbs, compared to 20 lbs. on the low fat, aha diet.

I wish they reported fat loss. I'd be willing to bet the low-carbers lost a greater percentage of fat.
Quote:
What bothers me, though, is the insistance that Atkins is meat and fat only. Really, who do you know who eats as many vegetables as we do? I eat tons more veg than I used to when I would fill up on junk. Bye for now, Nancy

Me too. I eat about 4 cups of leafy greens a day, not to mention the other low-carb veggies. These thin people I work with who think they're so healthy because they don't put mayo on their sandwiches load up on French fries, desserts, and candy.

I'm glad to hear of the study you cited.