View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 09:58

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Smile Look at you and all your questions!

Okay, miss questioner, well I like answering, so I'll give it a shot.

First of all, I don't want to lecture (lectures suck) but according to your profile you're 5'8" and currently weigh 122 pounds. Unless you have an extremely small frame, that seems to be a very ideal weight to me. But to each his own, just make sure you have enough core weight to support yourself. Generally people need 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of the body and five or so pounds per inch after that. Lecture over.

Now on to induction questions... you seem to know how to do it since you went through it before. You're concerned about not being able to lose weight again, but weight loss is going to be slow for you no matter what considering you don't have much more you want to lose.

Another thing, a "stall" is not considered such by most people unless it lasts 4-6 weeks. Your body needs time to adjust to weight loss and will take it. Be patient and let your body decide when it wants to drop fat. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong.

Cheese depends on the individual. As do sugar alcohols. It's probably a good idea to try to give up sweeteners for at least the first part of induction, just to get the desire for them out of your system.

I deal psychologically with eating steak and salad knowing it tastes good and the theory (and results) prove it. Plus I love the irony of it. It's fun to order steak, shrimp, veggies, and a salad with fatty dressing and exclaim, "I'm on a diet!"

Speaking of dressings... I usually find prepared ones with one carb per serving (Caesar is probably the lowest) but if you want to make your own there are some good oil and vinegar mixes, and mayonnaise dressings to try.

Okay, I've babbled on for long enough. Hope some of that helps. Good luck and happy low-carbing!