View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 07:13

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I make them, they are quite easy. I varied my recipe a little from some ones I saw on the net. You buy some nice big jalapenos, wash them, cut them in half and seed them. I wear gloves so I don't get it in my eyes at any point. I have tried just cutting the tops off of the jalapenos, you don't get as much filling in and the cheese doesn't crisp up as nicely. So that's why I half them.

Next step, fry up some extra lean hamburger with a small onion, a clove of garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Fry until hamburger is cooked all the way through. You can drain it if you want when it's done. I add the hamburg onion mixture to cream cheese (I used two packages) and mix it. The filling being warm helps the cream cheese mix a little better. Next I add in some fresh chives, these really add some flavor. Put the filling inside the jalapenos and really stuff em. Top with shredded cheese and bake until cheese is brown and starting to crisp (350 I believe). I bought a block of cheese because all of the shredded cheeses had potato starch in them to prevent caking.

These were a huge hit with my family, even my mom who isn't a lowcarber loved them! The leftovers even come out good. Good luck!