#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 00:59

Plan: Trying Atkins
Stats: 130/122/115
BF:
Progress: 53%
Unhappy Induction... Again

Hey Everyone,

I tried induction once, about a month ago, and I did great. Lost about 7 pounds, and I don't want to lose more than about 8 more anyway. Then I feel like I stalled, and I really cheated, especially on weekends with my friends (alcohol+pizza=no good!). I gained a few pounds back, nothing major, and I also was eating a lot of Atkins, Keto and Cheeters products, which I think also contributed to my stall after reading other posts.

I'm going to try induction again, naturally this time, but I feel like I need to cut it down to less than 20 grams of cbs this time, b/c I have read that people have a harder time getting back into it the second time around. I read somewhere that you could fast for 24 hours before you begin induction, but I'm not so sure that's safe! I guess my question is: After a weekend of eating pizza and drinking beer, can I just start back into induction with 20 cbs a day as soon as tomorrow?

I am also having a hard time grasping that I can eat a steak or chicken and salad for dinner and not gain weight! How do you guys get past the psychological part of this WOL?

And cheese! Does more than 4 oz cause a stall in some people or does it depend on the person?

Any good suggestions for salad dressing? Ranch is out, and Italian still has 2 grams!

I have been trying the Atkins Accel. Has anyone else out there tried it? I am also confused (although I have read DANDR) as to what supplements I need. Could anyone give me a list of those also?

I guess that's all my questions for now. I'm pretty worried about being on induction over Thanksgiving but I am hoping to just eat a lot of turkey (0 cbs, right??) and get through it! Don't know if I'll make it through the pumkpin and apple pie though!

One more ques actually: Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers: Good or Bad? I know they have sugar alcohols in them but sometimes I really need something to take the edge off. I've been chewing Trident, but that still has 1 gram sugar alcohol.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help! This site is great!

~Corie
Sponsored Links