View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 21:10

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:35
Progress: 0%
Smile

I am no where near that point right now. This is why I hooked up with the internet and found that book. I have always felt that this "disorder/disease" that I have has two components. 1) psychological-how I have used food to deal with events in my life, the habit it has become to turn to it when I am under whatever emotion at the time. I have gone to therapist and told them how much I know about this and they just laugh because I know more about it than they do. 2) physiological-the actual brain chemistry imbalance that I truly believe causes the cravings. There have been two times when I have had no cravings and both times I was taking the Prozac during some very stressful times. No cravings to the point of going to the in-laws for Christmas Day lunch and not even thinking about the canoles. Now that was prove enough for me.

I am very familiar with the supplements that help raise the serotonin levels but haven't found a book that deals with just the weight issue. I ordered the book today so as I read it I will post.

Lynn
Knowledge is power-Oprah