View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 09:53

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I just reinducted myself. My first attempt on 4/6/02 had allowed me to lose 28 lbs over 7 month period. Due to illness and stresses I went off the plan for almost 2 weeks. Luckily I only gained 1 lb during this ordeal but eating carbs is not my life any longer so it was time to get back on the wagon.

As for calories - although Atkins does not require people to count calories I still think that one should. As for ratios, I always kept 70/5/25 and lost like a turtle. I read on many websites that offer information that the grams are more important than the percentages thus I make sure that I get at least 90 grams of protein a day (80-110), that I stay around 20 grams of carbs (carbs less fiber) and make sure that fat is up there - 100 grams or more. As for calories, I try never to go over 1700 (I am hypothyroid and must watch calories going forward). I was moderately active and was able to lose at this rate. Now that I am plagued with fatigue, exercising is a struggle so I have opted eat calories between 1500-1600 in hopes that I start losing. This by no means means starvation because I am constantly eating but eat 4-5 smaller meals compared to the 3 meals that most eat.

This WOE is wonderful and everyone seems to find what works best for them. It took me many months after induction to figure what works for me. Good luck!