View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 21:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hang in there! While you say that your weight loss is "crawling" you have still lost about 5lbs in 3 weeks. That is a pretty normal rate of loss.

In my experience the cravings seemed to gradually diminish as time went on. The best way to get over it is to not think of what you can't have, but to think of all the things you can do with what you CAN have.

Let's face it, the thought of eating meat, cheese, eggs and salad everyday is not appealing, and that is where a lot of people get discouraged. If you take the time to sit down and plan meals in advance, it allows the opportunity to experiment with new spices, sauces, or even new vegetables.

Try a new cut of meat, or a new type of fish. Search the recipe section here to find something that sounds good and give it a try. I realize we don't always have time to prepare elaborate meals morning noon and night, but a little variety throughout the day may be just what you need to take the edge off.

I know when I ate low-fat all I could think about was fat, now whenever I have a craving it usually has to do with sugar. Know that the cravings do tend to get better.

You can do it! It will all be worth it in the end!

Hang tough!

KC