#3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 20:44
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Julesmck (and Suze_C )

I weighed 241lbs when I got pregnant and was terrified that I would gain another 80-100lbs, but I also knew it was more important to nourish my baby than worry about the diameter of my butt. I was amazed when I only gained 25lbs with the pregnancy and weighed 10lbs less than my start weight (231) on the day after I gave birth. I craved fruits and vegetables like a madwoman while I was preggo and I indulged those cravings, but I also followed the What to Expect When You're Expecting diet...the Best Odds Diet, which was surprisingly easy to follow. It doesn't tell you what not to eat, but recommends that you eat a certain amount of food (at least) in different categories every day so that you know you are taking in the proper variety of nutrients. The carbs it recommends are low-glycemic and the emphasis is on fruit, vegetables, protein, fat and calcium.

If you email me at digwig~hotmail.com, I'll send you a word file with a little chart/checklist I used every day to make sure I was getting something from all the different categories. My appetite was never out of control while I followed this...now, don't ask me about the period right after my daughter was born when I seemed to think gummi bears were an official food group.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Digwig

P.S. If this is your first child, I can't stress this enough;before your child is born, go to the movies, go out to dinner, clean your house, and whatever you do, don't put anything important off until after the baby is born. It won't get done!