#4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 14:31

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally posted by Julianna
I forgot to ask how does Zone treat sugar alcohols and glycerine. Do you substract them also?.

Not that I am aware of. What foods would you be eating containing those items?
Quote:
Let me try to clear up the question you had a hard time understanding. Do you think that eatink 40-30-30 ratio at every meal makes difference as oppose to eating various ratios at meals (P,C,F) and keeping carbs at 70-100 a day. Another words is there any "magic" in 40-30-30

Yes, absolutely. Although there is latitude for tweaking individulal responses, balancing (40/30/30) C,P,F each time you eat is key. The Zone is about hormonal control ~ (ex. insulin).
Quote:
oes it matter how I spread my blocks throughout the day?
No, as long as they are balanced and not more than 5 blocks at a time. Therefore, you could (if on an 11 block plan) have 11 mini meals throughout the day supplying you with a steady insulin drip!

Here are a few basic tips & guidelines for staying in the Zone
•Always eat within one hour after waking.
•You must eat a minimum of 3 meals and 2 snacks every day. Afternoon and late evening snacks are critically important for staying in the Zone.
•A Zone meal should give you 4-5 hours in the Zone, a Zone snack 2-2.5 hours. You must eat every 4-5 hours after a meal or 2-2.5 hours after a snack, whether you are hungry or not, to stay in the Zone. In fact, the best time to eat is when you aren't hungry. That means your insulin levels are stabilized.
•Lack of hunger and clear mental focus are excellent barometers that you are in the Zone. Before every meal and snack always assess your hunger and mental focus.
•Every meal and snack starts with low-fat protein plus carbohydrates (eat more leafy green vegetables and fruits and less pasta, breads, grains and starches) and don't forget "good" fats (i.e. olive oil).
•A typical serving size of low-fat protein fits in the palm of your hand and is no thicker than your hand. For most females, this is 3 ounces of low-fat protein, and for males, this equals 4 ounces of low-fat protein. A typical snack contains 1 ounce of protein for both men and women.
•Zone living is guilt free. If you make a mistake, your next Zone meal or snack will take you right back to the Zone.
•Exercise on a regular basis.
•Drink AT LEAST eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. More if you can.