View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 12:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Kinda
Stats: 338/280/230
BF:
Progress: 54%

i have gone through 30 pounds of jerky in the last 5 weeks...

jerkey is my enabler...

go to the butcher and ask for a whole bottom round trimmed and cut 1/8" thick... the whole bottom round will weigh about 12 to 14 pounds... cut it into 1" strips... and let it come to room temperature...

in a blender... add the following for a 3 pound batch... its times 4 for a 12 pound batch... blend thoroughly...

2 tsp lowerys seasoned salt...
2 tsp liquid smoke...
2 tsp garlic powder...
2 tsb onion powder...
2 tsb cayenne pepper...
1 tsb black pepper...
1 tsb tenderizer salt...
1/2 cup of worcester sauce...
1/2 cup soy sauce...

this jerkey is awesome... however you can add jalepeno as desired...

i have a rectangular container that holds a whole bottom round...

i place the strips in the container... adding a little sauce as i go until all strips and all sauce is in the container...

put in the fridge for at least 12 hours... 24 hours is better...

my oven has 2 racks... i take them out and attach foil underneath each rack by wrapping it around the sides of the rack...

place strips in rack... as many as you can without stacking them on each other... i can get about 2 pounds per rack which means i need 3 cooks for a whole bottom round...

place both racks in oven at 150 degrees for 8 hours...

after 8 hours take the racks out of the oven and let them sit for 1/2 hour... then take the strips off and pit in large zip lock... leave it open on the counter... dont seal it for a day...

this jerkey will be completely dry and does not need to be refrigerated... however we put it in the fridge anyway and load smaller bags for the road...

jerkey make low carbing easy... i find myself eating between 2 to 6 strips just about every hour...