Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default Soy /MSG Question

Happy Monday Morning To Ya,

So nice to see everyones here already.

Something kind of interesting happened yesterday and I wondered what you all think. Last Sept I started Body for Life. I added all 3 shakes a day they recommend, which were soy shakes to increase my protein intake. I have mitral valve prolapse, (a bad heart valve) so anything that stresses my body can cause palpitations. I started having heart palpitations and light headedness almost nonstop. The drs have never found the cause, including psychological testing for anxiety. The palpitations got much worse everytime I started back to lowcarb and exercise, which is why I stopped Atkins. I noticed after a week on CALP the palpitations were almost never there, for the first tiime in 2 months.

Anyway my friend brought over Christmas cookies and we had a lot of them for RM yesterday. I felt weird eating them, super thirsty, light headed and later the palpitations started back really, really bad. I still have them today. The first ingredient in the cookies is soybean oil. I've always had a problem and avoided msg for 20 years because it made me feel spacey and thirsty.

The question is- do you think its all possible that when I eat a lot of msg it bothers my heart?

I'm kind of anxious to find some cause since my dr. stopped my thyroid medication until the palpitations are gone.

Thanks, I know you all aren't doctors, but I feel like you understand my situation better as lowcarbers. Every doctor I've seen has blamed everything on ketosis, even though I was doing Atkins for 9 months before my heart problem started.
Nancy
Sponsored Links