View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 12:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Thumbs up Roasted Peanuts

Sometimes, when I am fixing dinner I get SO hungry I think I am going to DIE if I don't eat something! And it is so easy to grab something I shouldn't have. Lately I have dealt with this by opening a jar of roasted peanuts and setting them on the counter and picking one out and eating it every few minutes. Soon, I feel satisfied enough to wait for the food to be cooked, but I have not ruined my appetite.

Just thought I would throw that out there. I think we are actually not "supposed" to eat peanuts on Atkins, and certainly not on the induction phase, but I find that eating a few of those peanuts keeps me from completely losing control at those critical moments.

I love nuts of all kinds, and once you reach the phase where you can have some of them, I highly recommend experimenting with different kinds. My faves are macadamias, but they are so pricey. However, I was surprised to find out how much I love plain almonds, and walnuts also.

There are some really good recipes out there for sugar-free glazing nuts, and also spicing them up, too.

Another little side benefit of the nuts is the fiber. Having a few nuts a day helps keep me moving, if you know what I mean!
Sponsored Links