#2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Tami,

There's no way around it...you'll be bombarded by wonderful dishes and desserts from the minute you board! You know this already, and you have the right attitude. The first rule for my next cruise (in Jan.) is:

BE AWARE. Don't just gobble down everything in sight because I'm excited and it's a vacation! Every time I sit down to eat, I'm going to remind myself that I have CHOICES. If I choose to indulge, fine. But the "awareness" itself is a good moderator.

BE SELECTIVE. Most of the desserts I gorged myself with at mid night were not all that great. It just felt like I was in food heaven and was only going to get that chance once, so all common logic went out the window. In retro, it was foolish. I would have thoroghly enjoyed "one" slice of something, or "two" half slices of something just as well.

BE ACTIVE. For as much as I said I would use the free gym, I was just too exhausted from the "eat-a-thon". Next time, I want to start my day with coffee and a walk around the beautiful outdoors, then spend some quality ME time in the gym, THEN go have whatever I like for breakfast. After doing something good for myself, I may have second thoughts about overdoing it at EVERY meal. (Wait for dinner... )

BE PREPARED. I knew I would gain weight on my trip, so I didn't bother watching anything I ate. Well, I was right...11 pounds back on in 5 days. Yes, a few fell off within a few more, but basically, I had to start from scratch. This time, I want to prepare myself for a small increase, but will remind myself that I CAN get back on track if I should really blow it on a goodie I have to have!! Can't have fun if you're overwhelmed with guilt.

I also plan to see this cruise as a time for ME. To clear my head, read some books, have quality time with DB, set some goals, do some meditating out on the ocean...I'm preparing my head that this is NOT a food festival, but a rejuvenating experience.

Hope that helps...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!