Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 18:55

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Argh, I was about to hit 'submit' and I.E. crashed on me. Here we go

Quote:
Originally posted by Link_nz
Would it be beneficial to start my workouts at say 6.30pm-7pm rather than 8? This is doable.
Most definitely!

Quote:
What are the reasons for having some slow release foods for over night?
There are two big reasons.

1) It is believed that both protein and calorie intake may be responsible for raising IGF-1 levels. Since IGF-1 can regulate muscle growth, and since the highest levels of IGF-1 occurr overnight, a high protein intake may assist in muscular development.

2) From "The Protein Bible" by John Berardi: Immediately before bed. Before you lie down and enter dreamland, you should consider taking in a final meal in anticipation of the 6-8 hour fast ahead. You want to prevent the body from using all of its stored energy during the night. This would be a great time for a slow protein since the slow proteins release their nutrients over several hours. In fact, the studies we discussed above showed that even after 7 hours, the subjects were still in a positive protein balance and still had a slow delivery of nutrients [Boirie et al. 1997, Dangin et al. 2001]. So, before bed a milk protein, isolate/concentrate blend with whey and casein naturally in it, would be good.

Quote:
If so, is normal cheese ok? Or something fatty like salami?
I think both would be covered by #2 above. Don't like cottage cheese ?

Quote:
(Your time should be subsidized by the government)
*shhh* It is - they kinda write my paycheques

Nat