#3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 14:28
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 240/206.5/165 Female 67 inches
BF:50%/43.0/23%
Progress: 45%
Smile

Before you go to the appointment, go to the thyroid site on about.com....my other mecca New TSH value ranges just came out and I think they are 2-4 rather than 4-10 and that could make all the difference in how your doctor approaches your treatment. You should also ask for some adrenal testing. It's common for the doctors to skip that part because they only see the extremes (cushings etc) as a problem , but truthfully you can be a little off and feel incredibly terrible. But just keep at it...if your doctor won't help, get copies of your labs and find a doctor who will help...an endo is a good place to start, but you have to be careful because sometimes they are more about the diabetes than the thyroid problems and they shrug off your complaints as if you are being a hypochondriac. You have to find a doctor whos willing to work with you until you FEEL better in real life and not just on paper.

That website also has a Top Doc listing..that worked for me and is worth looking into...Good luck!