View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 08:34

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi, Melissa.....so glad you've decided to get back on track again. I'll be very glad to "weigh in" on this discussion with my opinions...just please bear in mind that unlike many others, I do not consider myself an expert, just a practising Carbohydrate Addict!

To get back to your original question of doing what Rachael did.....

I think that Dr. Rachael Heller simply stumbled into her plan of fasting until dinner, and if you reread her words, it didn't take her very long to modify that so she could eat at times other than her RM. At least that's the way I understand it.

I would say that if you want to try replicating her plan, go for it! It won't do you any harm to do that for a few days and if it helps you get started again, then that's a big plus.

I am sure that you are aware, as most of us CAs are, that eating 6 meals a day doesn't work for us. The Hellers have said, in all their books from the very beginning, to eat no more than 4 times a day. We know that works for most of us, and eating fewer than 4 times a day works better for some of us.

Pay attention as you reread to the lists of "Craving-Reducing" foods.....avocado is RM only, as are others of the delicious foods recommended above. Try not to mix concepts from Atkins into CAD.....pick a plan and stick to it. Shakes are not permitted on CAD.....they can cause weight gain, hunger and cravings.

So, I would say, reread your books, plan what you are going to do, and then implement that plan. Listen to your body....if you are not hungry or craving, and if you lose a bit of weight, then you have found your way. If you wish, eat as many as 3 meals and 1 snack each day. That's a pretty big margin to play with, and you will find what works best for you.

You will find your way, of that I am certain. Best of luck, and please let me know how this works, okay? You may be the first here to try this experiment....just think, you'll become the "Rachael's way" expert in the forum!