#13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:43

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 100/88/80
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally posted by lesleyc
It is not uncommon for people to slow right down after the intital loss on induction...in fact most stop losing for a couple of weeks after induction.

Lesley

I really needed to hear this, Thankyou Lesley

I lost well in Induction, lost about 13 pounds, from my stats its clear I’m still there I've basically been on a stall for the last fortnight (weeks 5 and 6 of Atkins)

I haven’t eating very much salads from the start, and get about 15 grams of carbs a day mostly from dairy.

I used to eat tomato sauce (ketchup) even on induction! But managed to cut it out just after I finished induction.

I've been doing heavy weight lifting quite successfully since the start, and I did cardio during induction, that too has dropped, I now live in the country where I don’t really like running (no foot paths, no street lights, fast traffic or no traffic etc)

I thought it could be the lack of cardio in the last fortnight, BUT it seems that cardio is not that effective for weight loss, but is only really for burning calories, and I my calories are not to high about 2.2x my weight.

Any thoughts about my stall? I have noticed ALOT of the foods I eat have alot of sodium in them.

ps. I started taking l-cartenine, l-glutamine and COeQ10 yesterday, so that may help, even if only with muscle development.

-jake

-----------------------------------------
Not even leaning off the wagon.