View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:46
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I only lost 4 pounds during the first two weeks. That actually made me really happy because before that I lost 4-5 pounds in 4 MONTHS doing it the low fat way. Post induction I tend to lose either a little weight OR inches but not both in the same week. I have been keeping a record of my waist size and my weight on a weekly basis. The last couple of weeks I have been at the same weight, but I lost another 1/3 to 1/2 inch in my waist. Today I looked at the scale and it looks like I will be able to drop another couple of pounds, but my waist is exactly the same. So I guess my point is that weight is not my only goal-shrinking is a big huge lift to me. Try tracking a measurement (s) as well as your weight. I also track my BMI and my estimated body fat %. As long as I see some number going in the downward direction I am motivated.

My fat pants are now loose and I can get my skinny pants up, but they are not wearable. Before, the skinny pants wouldn't even go over my butt.

Just keep going. I have a terribly slow metabolism due to being hypothyroid and apparently insulin resistant. I do get impatient, but I know that the weight is going in the right direction!

Paleoanth