View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 09:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome Tia!

You seem to be off to a great start! I had terrible headaches during induction and nausea as well. It was hard for me physically to get off the sugar. I took plenty of excederin and drank a lot of water. It DOES get better but don't let it surprise you if it gets worse first. It is quite a chemical change! If the headaches keep up, you might want to add a potassium supplement. I take it everyday and it has cured my headaches.

You really aren't supposed to drink any diet sodas during induction. Coke is sweetened with aspartame and that can stall a lot of people or kick off cravings. But remember, this is YOUR WOL and if you choose to drink the diet soda, the planet won't explode. I had a terrible coca cola addiction, I easily drank a liter a day. Now I drink one diet cherry coke each day and occassionally drink diet rite brands which are sweetened with splenda rather than aspartame. It really is just a matter of works for you and makes you happy. Caffeine makes a lot of people hungrier, so you always want to try to limit caffeine. It doesn't bother me a lot, but I try to limit it just on principle! Cindi