View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 09:47

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I can answer 2 out three of your questions:

1. Some of us never get the stick past pink and unfortunately those sticks are not always a true indicator of whether or not your are in ketosis. You should look for other signs: metallicy taste/breath, stronger smelling urine, losing weight and inches (especially), lessened appetite and no carb cravings. These are better indicators of ketosis than those sticks.

2. Sorry - can't answer the diabetic question.

3. I believe that you are NOT suppose to eat SF Jello (it contains asparateme) during induction (first 2 weeks of Atkins). Splenda is the only permitted sweetener (although you can make your own SF jello using Knox gelatin, Davinici or other Splenda SF Syrup). Even things like SF chocolate bars are to be avoided since Malitol (sugar alcohols) can reek havoc and in some cases, stall you out. I love my cream cheese, little Davinci syrup or even just a little splenda...smoosh together...tastes like cheesecake.

Watch the whipped cream too....the canned stuff contains sugar...although very little...depending on how much you eat it can impact you.

Note that the first 10 lbs or so is mostly water although you are on the right track and I wish you success!