Old Sun, Oct-22-06, 18:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/223/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 15%
Talking Caryns' Gym (or workout) Log

Hi all, thought I'd start a post here.

I've been heavy for many years, I rarely exercised, or went once a week and had a great workout, but never went again.

After gaining about 100lbs, I am finally psychologically ready to lose weight, and have lost 15lbs so far on Low-Carb.

So I know I have to exercise, but truly I fought it. One day it came to me, when I was thin, I ran every day, but even with my great treadmill, every time I tried to run, after 30 seconds I literally couldn't breathe! I now think it was actually anxiety about the running, due to the psychological issues I had with the weight to begin with.

So time goes on, a few days after my ephipheny, I just got on the treadmill and said I would run 5 minutes. And guess what? I did it! I made a deal with myself, just do the 5 minutes, be done with it. No stress. I've been doing this almost a week now, and it's already getting easier. I upped another minute today, and I'll just keep adding a minute as I can easily breathe and get through the first few minutes.

This is a BIG deal with me. So big I went to Gold's gym and put the membership on a 6-month freeze. I am not comfortable working out so heavy in front of others. I'm going to keep running until I get up to a 1/2 hour, then I'll rejoin the gym. I expect by the time I"m up to a 1/2 hour, I'll have lost another 30lbs by then too. I feel like walking on a treadmill just isn't cutting it. When I was thin I ran, period. Therefore I'm going to run!

I'll keep y'all posted, but I am very proud of myself, because in addition to Low-Carb, this is a great step in the RIGHT direction!
Sponsored Links