#14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/180/145
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default thin and the opposite sex

Hi, this is my first post. I am 50, luckily look about 35 and have been a size 16 for 10+ years. Today I just sent in an essay about online dating - heaven or hell stories. In the past 13 years I have had 4 ,3 year relationships. None with a man who particularly was attracted to big women. Two of the men happened to be VERY handsome. I had an experience of hostility often from women when they saw me in the company of my boyfriend. They seemed to radiate, "how could an ugly fat thing like you get this guy" Occasionally I even got nasty comments(I live in NYC, people aren't shy). Men seemed to accept me in a couple with no problem.

I have lost one size since going Atkins and am starting to get more attention from men - makes me a little nervous. And sadly still getting negative responses from women, some of my friends even. Mostly they seem angry that I can do this WOE and I am not feeling deprived. They have sometimes tried to sabotage me, "oh, just a bit of birthday cake". Luckily my closest friends are very supportive.

Currently I am single and am going to surf into online dating again. It will be strange not to have to insert the caveat, "I am not a waif, I am a normal size girl, size 16".

I have reached the stage where I can tolerate some carbs - I had a potato in my brisket soup last week with no bad result. I found that it made me feel overfull and I didn't want more. I miss fruit but will do a planned "cheat" some weekend. I find the forums really helpful in answering questions. I found that when I added a half hour of brisk walking EVERYDAY, the weight came off more quickly.Thanks all of you for sharing your experiences so daringly.