View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 07:18

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

I am also experiencing the same situation as gracie-poo...

Since I was a kid, I was plump and was the ugly one in my all-girls school. I had to join the Trim & Fit club during most of my years spent in school.

I had problems finding suitable clothings till I got my first pair of jeans in Canada...i was so thrilled that i could actually fit into a size 36 Levi's Jeans....Singapore doesnt have size 36, maximum size 32. And at then, there werent many shops for the big girls. My mom gave up and brought me to shops selling Clothings for Middle Age women.....(stereotyping middle Age women as big). And for every Chinese New Year, yeah what i was wearing were actually meant for Aunties....

(too long to insert all my fat childhood tales here)

When i discovered Atkins.....the woman jealousy factor wasnt present yet....probably i should say it took me 5 years of low-carbing (my mom says my way of eating is a losing weight diet...dont really like the way she labels my lcing) before all the male-flirtation....crushes come in. haha

i recently got employed with a big organization, and there are many eligible bachelors in my dept. And I am beginning to feel the bad side of being attractive and 'slim'....probably i just got started and i am still trying to adjust to the higher amt of attention... usually i will be the one having crushes on guys...now it is the other way round...and now everyone is trying to pair me up... i never had someone who would be dewy-eyed at me, i never had someone who will smile so sweetly when i am nearby. i never had someone who was caught checking me out.

in all, i am feeling scared of the big flow of attention. though no co-worker ever asked me straight abt love/relationships... but they dropped hints or asked about my current status. or a bunch of guys cheering loudly as they try to push my admirer towards me....

and perhaps some hostility among female co-workers....as slowly they saw how my admirer reacts to my presence each day. i should say they were not as friendly as before.

another case was this guy who tried to pick me up at a disco last saturday.... he saw me and scanned down to my toes.... he got dewy-eyed but i knew i had to get rid of him. he told me my eyes are beautiful and kept wanting to hold my hands while dancing. i tried to get away and got irritated/scared when he was tagging me. Luckily my friend brought her guy friends, if not I can imagine the worst scenarios to come true. I rejected him straight when he approached me for the 2nd time. I left the disco earlier, and he asked my friend where was I....I was quite shocked when my friend told me about it.

When i was fatter, I yearned for more attention and admiration, juz like those pretty girls in school. Now I have a different opinion, but still trying to adjust to the new attention.