Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 00:10

Plan: None
Stats: 230/230/
BF:6
Progress:
Default Re: Is This Right For Me?

Quote:
Originally posted by Psilocybin
Back in February I started going to the gym, I was about 45lbs heavier back then. Most of the weight I lost was during the summer when I went nuts at the gym (30 min cardio each day, plus a 30 min work out).
Since I started college I havent made it to the gym much, but I'd like to get back into it. I started Low Carbing 4.5 weeks ago now, I was 182 when I started, am now 171. Most of that was lost in the first week.
My goal isnt just to lose "weight" but to get in shape. I put on a lot of muscle during the summer, but not enough :P
I want to get bulk, and drop myself down to about 5% (or less) body fat. Should I be switching over to this diet? Or should I stick with low carbing a while longer? I estimate I only have about 25lbs of fat to lose (171x0.16=27.36).
I read the CKD 101, it looks promising. Makes sense too. I guess I just need al ittle more convincing.

First, I want to bring up the weight-loss experienced in the first week, which is mostly water loss. Now, you seem like long-term goals are you motto. But, are they realistic? 5% and bulk up, assuming you're natural, is HARD to do. I have worked w/ many people that gained muscle on BodyOpus while losing bodyfat; thus, the average amounts of each for a 200lb male would be a 0.5-1 lb. of fat-loss/0.33 muscle gain a week, if done right. Of course, that is a generalization and can differ from person to person.

There is a very promising step in CKD over the last 10 years, when I worked w/ Dan Duchaine we developed a plan to help the bodybuilder achieve amazing feats of physique enhancement. For you, that would be the amazing long term results w/ CKD.

Are you willing to work your ass off and do CKD?

Mr.X

Benchmark you