View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-06, 05:46
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 475/239/150 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 73%

Have you ever made Mock Taco Shells with the Cheese Crisp? They are soooo good! I love to put salad in them as well and my non-LC friends say that they cannot get enough of them! I saw it on Sandra Lee on Food TV and this is how she made them:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet with olive oil non-stick cooking spray. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and then spray paper with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup shredded cheese on half of the baking sheet and shape into circle about 5 inches in diameter. Form a second circle on other half of baking sheet. (Try using a frozen whipped topping plastic top as a pattern for shaping the cheese crisps.)

Bake for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden around edges. Using a wide spatula, carefully turn cheese rounds over. Bake for about 2 minutes longer, or until deep golden color around edges and set in center. Using the spatula, carefully remove rounds and drape them over a large rolling pin suspended like a bridge between 2 tall cans to shape. Let cool while shaped over rolling pin. Repeat with remaining cheese to make 2 more circles.