View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 18:48

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi SkinyTwety!

Sorry you're feeling so bad. I can't imagine trying to eat a salad with a throat infection...OUCH! I think it's wise to wait until you're feeling better to start induction.
To answer your questions:

1) Dr. Atkins recommends backing off on strenuous exercise during the induction period. Mild exercise such as walking is okay, but hold off on the marathon plans and major weight resistance sessions until your body has adjusted to burning fat for fuel instead of sugar.

2) It's a good idea to read the whole book before you start so you have some idea of where you're headed, but it's also a good idea to keep reading as you go along. It seems everytime I go back and read some more, I pick up something that I missed the first time or it makes more sense to me.

3) You are allowed up to 20 grams of carb per day on induction but don't save them up and eat them all at one time. Recipes that contain up to 5 grams of carb would probably be fine.

4) Feta cheese is fine, but count the carbs. Dr. Atkins recommends that you limit cheese to 3-4 ounces a day during induction.

5) Yes, cream cheese is permitted during induction, but again, count the carbs towards your daily allowance.