View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 18:13

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Kamila,

Congrats on your weight loss. I know it feels great to feel you're making progress!

I can't answer your question about long-term health affects of eating just protein, but I can tell you my personal experience with ANY extreme diet. Sure, you'll lose weight. You'll feel great, clothes will fit better. You'll probably even go out and splurge on lots of new ones, and toss those old "fat" clothes. You'll ignore the fact that you might have dizzy spells, that you have low energy sometimes, and that maybe you're even losing some hair. Hey, it's worth it, right? As long as you're losing the weight. Then, you'll go completely off the program. You'll HATE the very sight of chicken. You'll eat all those yummy foods you skipped for weeks/months. And you will gain. And gain. Eventually you'll weigh more than where you started. You'll diet again--hey, you proved to yourself how much willpower you have. Then you'll start the whole cycle over again.

I would love it if I could somehow impart my experiences to help you prevent doing this to yourself, because whether or not your body can hold up to it, your mental state will most definitely be affected.

Please try a more moderate approach. Read over the program plans in the Quick Link "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" Then follow the program. Make changes in your diet today that you can LIVE WITH long-term.