#4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 22:52
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 292/263/165
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi Lessara,

Cooked cabbage is pretty good with a tomatoe sauce, kind of tastes like pigs in a blanket. I've also used sauces over lettuce. With cooked green pepper, onions or mushrooms, its really good. Kind of like a lower carb dressing, but I don't think soup based sauces would be good with lettuce.

I used to make a lot of pasta salads also. I have substituted a couple veggie salads instead and my non LC ing family love them.

Broccoli salad: break off all the flourettes into small bite size peices, cook up some crispy bacon, add some onions, celery and green peppers (whatever veggies you like in salads) some cheese (whatever kind) I would just use what ever dressing I used to add to my pasta salad. Mayo, Ital. dressing, ranch whatever you liked to taste. Its really good if you like veggies.

Cauliflower salad (like potatoe salad): Cook the cauliflower until its soft but not too much and add everything else that you would normally put in your potatoe salad.

Both of these recipes I got off this site but changed them around a little to my liking.

Hope this helps!
Shelly