View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 10:19

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

When I started HRt I started on .6...when the symptoms didnt' get any better the doc increased the dose...doubled it. And it worked like a charm! (duh!)

After reading about the HRT research....which by the way is the combination, which should only be prescribed for women with a uterus, which I dont' have....I decided to take it once every other day. No symptoms came back. Now...when I started on the higher dose my weight was around 250....when I cut it back on my own, before starting LC, my weight was around 225....not much of a difference, but still.

I started seeing a new doc...the MD that took the place of my surgeon, who had moved to another state. My PCP had already freaked about hte dose and the new doc agreed it was very high and I should try a lower dose. The new prescription she gave me is really just half of what I had been taking (since I'd cut the does myself) and said to try this and double it if I needed it. By this time I'd been on LC for several weeks. I don't know if it's the LC or what, but the smaller dose is working just fine!

My biggest worry is osteoporosis....my mom had a very severe case....the docs were all amazed she didn't ahve any stress fractures her bones were so thin! She also had a hysterectomy at a fairly young age and never took any replacement thereapy...either calcium or HRT. I've alrady shrunk 3/4+ inch....and I'm not even 50 yet!

I plan to stay on the HRT as long as my doc feels it's safe, and I am doing resistance training to hopefully keep osteo out of my life!