Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/152/145
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally posted by Robed
Thanks both for your info!

Maybe I should have explained my situation a bit more.

I'm 5 feet 11 inches, 17yrs, and at the start of my diet I weighed 176 pounds at my highest. Before summer in the US, I had a big beer belly, but I would look normal in most shirts - you couldn't really tell I had a belly (unless I was shirtless). However, I went to the states (im in Europe fulltime) for 6 weeks and ate VERY badly (loads of junk). In 6 weeks, I managed to put on about 12 pounds (I was REALLY eating badly, indulging every craving, I used to be able to eat like this when I was younger without puting on weight, but not anymore!). When I got back to Europe, my apetite was MUCH larger so I put on another 3 pounds over here. This was it for me - you could start to see the outline of a belly when I wore a t-shirt, and my pants felt tighter, especially when I sat down. As I'm only 17 I decided I needed to go back to being thin.

So far the Atkins has worked very well for me. I spent a week in the US recently, and ate a full carb diet (although not as unhealthy as my 6 week period) to see what would happen and i put on about 2 pounds (although I drank FAR too much sugary drinks).

That didn't really displease me because I lost this in less than a week, and to be honest I was still eating too much junk food.

Before I started this diet I was a huge carb eater - 90% of my meals would be mainly or 50% carb, and I could basically eat until I was satisfied and MAINTAIN weight. My target weight is 145 to 150 pounds, and I'm getting closer to that - almost halfway there I guess (currently 162 lb).

My goal is that once I reach this 145 to 150lb level I will be thin - 6pack thin (I know it's there, I can feel it under the fat). I WILL start eating carbs again, and I will do it slowly, but if I put on all the weight it will be 2 to 3 months down the drain. My target is not to be on a low carb diet for the rest of my life, I eventually want to be on a full carb diet. I was under the assumption that this was possible, but if it isn't, I'd rather have a belly and eat carbs than be thin and have no carbs

Could someone explain what WOL means?

That should explain a bit more what my situation is.

I understand exactly what you're saying - and the reason I got on the diet was because I reached my high point of 176.

Anyways, my USUAL diet was quite healthy, but it was when I went to the states that I put on weight. In 8 months I'll be leaving Europe and heading to the states for college, which will be my crucial time. My only consolation is that I wont have enough money to just go out and eat whatever I want whenever I want (although food is SO cheap there).

As for the excercise bit, I do enough excercise to keep me looking alright (except for the belly). This shouldn't be a problem.