View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 10:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I too just got over a wild binge...lasted almost a week and put me right back up to where I started. Not only was the food making me sick, but the emotional disgust and hopelessness about even bothering to re-start was just too much. I desperately wanted to lose weight MORE than I wanted to satisfy my cravings, but I was out of control too.

It took a good headcold to get me to finally stop eating for a few days, and then gradually I started eating just the right foods. Now the scale says I've lost those 9 pounds this week.

Whatever it takes to not get to that point of utter failure, DO IT!! Because that's one step away from not doing anything!

If you really think the diet soda is doing something, maybe allow yourself that one can after work, or whenever, in a special glass, with ice and a straw, or however you like it...and make it an occasion! Make it a treat, or at least make it feel like something special!

But for heaven's sake...wherever you are in your LC journey, re-adjust and come back to the right way. Every once in a while, a little indulgence will be fine, but as a habit...it's the road to failure.