View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 19:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/180/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default I understand where you are.

On April 19th of 2003 it will be seven years ago that my doctor found a mass in my breast. In most cases, it is benign and you won't have anything more than an unpleasant memory of the next few days that you will spend worrying.

So you do need to try to relax and to quote my grandmother "don't borrow trouble". I know that's easier said than done.

Now to Monday when you have your mammogram -- if it does come back and show that you have a problem -- if you have breast cancer. It is not an automatic death sentence and you need to realize that. There are so many different treatments and medicines available now depending on the type of cancer and the stage.

I had breast cancer. It was Stage II. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, and radiation. There are a lot of us out there.

The best thing you can do is inform yourself. You've learned how good it is to have a forum like this one that will give you useful information. There are many many breast cancer information sites. And knowing your enemy is a great step up.

Please let me help you if I can. I will give you any information or support you need. I've walked in your path and I will make it easier if I can.

Virginia