View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 17:48
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I really feel for you. I, too, have a severe case of SAD that comes January/February the light doesn't help and I can gain 30+ pounds easily. Finally I actually had to move as the SAD seemed to be coming earlier and lasting longer every year as I got older. I moved from Boston, MA to Washington, DC and had to leave behind my daughter and grandchildren. My symptoms are very much improved here starting later and lasting a shorter season. Nothing helps in February though!!!

One of the things I did stumble on this year that seemed to make a big difference, it might only be my feeling, was that I went on a 2 week modified fat flush plan. During the second week of the plan I noticed that my SAD symptoms seemed much improved. Further I lost weight on this plan when I had never lost weight at this time of year before. I'm sure you understand my feelings.

I have now been off the plan for a week and the effects seem to be lasting. I am not depressed to any great degree, I have no cravings yet and my appetite seems normal to limited. All I can think of is that the MFFP is supposed to clean toxins out of your body. You also take a lot of lecithin which iare supposed to be what the sheaths that house your nerves is made of. I'm thinking that the lecithin repairs your nerve housings and this allows better transport of sensations/light and seratonin to your brain and body. And as your liver and kidneys get cleaned out from toxins they can operate more efficiently and maybe help your body produce what it needs to to be more balanced. Might sound logical to you. It might sound far fetched. All I know is that I feel tons better than I usually do this time of year.

Good luck to you and your family.

As an aside. My doctor told me years ago when I was diagnosed with SAD that a lot of alcoholics have SAD. Alcohol is how they deal with the resulting depression.