View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 16:52

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome to our thread, Mjsturg1 ! You may be able to help us a little more as we struggle through understanding what we've gotten ourselves into here.

You said you had also posted a thread re: Heavin Formula. Did you get much response from the LC family? Any information you can direct us to or even 'copy & paste' onto this thread?

How exciting that you just started you the HF plan just this past Monday & have already lost 7 lbs. I don't expect to loose that fast since I'm hypothyroid. But, hey...any amount will do for me.

Are you going to do phase I for 1 or 2 weeks? I'll need to do it for 2 since I have a long way to go before I am a healthy weight.

I am a little unsure about this 'Prevailing Metabolism" stuff. If I haven't been watching out what I've been eating for the last while, my metobolism should be raised enough that I could go right to starting the diet, right? (see pg 73 in book).

I sure like the throught of his statement of being able to eat reasonably well for most of my month and only have to restrict myself for a few days per month. Like he says ...its a reasonable hope & means to control my weight. But it almost sounds too good to be true.

Mjsturg1, are there other women in your Curves group doing this WOE with you? How are they doing? Could you share with us bits of their testimony of how their journey is going? Pitfalls? Adjustments to the plan they made to help them on their way? etc, etc.

Amy ...do Curves have special meetings for all those who want to do the diet? I hadn't heard of that. I'll inquire at my place when I go on Monday.

Baconbabe ...I don't know if any of us were able to help your curiosity out any, but the book "Permanent Results without Permanent Dieting" is easily available at any Curves for Women gym near you. I don't know how much the book is because a friend of mine lent me hers. It can't be too much ...$10ish maybe? I think the biggest difference between this weight loss method compared to the mainline LC methods is that Heavin doesn't suggest a 'maintenance diet' at the end of the journey. He feels that you should only need to diet for a few days every month to keep your weight down. Also, which is different from other LC books I've read, is that through his little tests he gets you to take, you can determine if you are carbohydrate intolerant or calorie sensitive. This is how you can determine your best method of loosing weight & he offers weight loss methods for both types of body chemistries. (boy ...I hope I don't sound too confusing. It's best that you read it for yourself).

Anyway, I sure hope we can hear from other HF'ers out there to find out how they are doing.

Bye for now.