View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 06:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Donalee. Those #(~*#&%^&% cravings can turn up out of apparently 'nowhere'. My best solution for them is to have protein (=meat) always on hand. Then I say to my self that I will eat the sweet I crave IF IF IF I still want it AFTER I eat a good sized piece of protein - don't be stingy or just eat a bit. You know how fast meat fills you up, especially if accmpanied by fat.

I have yet to have a craving survive the 'meat attack'. Some of the cravings are emotional habits, as Talon described. And I believe some of them are chemical when your body decides it wants sugar NOW!

Maybe you are letting yourself go too long without eating? How about a mid-morning or mid-afternoon protein snack to keep the furnace stoked?

The diet colas have lots of interesting things in them: caramel colour, aspartame, caffeine are the things that are commonly problems for people. The caffeine can cause an insulin surge. Caramel colour is derived from sugar and I'd bet your liver knows that instantly. Aspartame is a problem for many people.

You DID reduce your intake for quite a while so you can again. How about announcing to yourself that on a particular date in the next 7 - 10 days, you will again drink at least one glass of water before having the cola and one afterwards? Just think how that would up your water intake & it may affect your ability to resist the cravings.

And if you are eating Advantage Bars or other "LC bars", cut them out first. The glycerine/glycerol content is a big problem for many.

Hugs,