View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 03:20

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hello vegitarian

As you may have gathered it is difficult, but not impossible to do Atkins and remain a vegitarian. In any case lowering you intake of sugar and carbs can only do you good.

However, I am a reformed vegitarian and used to think of myself as a good vegitarian cook. Also a good friend of mine who is a strict Orthodox Christian here, is also vegitarian (but with fish) most of the time, and vegan on Wednesdays and Fridays. As he often comes to my flat and I follow the Berlarusian custom of feeding guests, this leads me to do some imaginative vegitarian/vegan low carb cooking. In short I would gladly trade recipies for some e-mail personal training.

Here is my yesterdays dinner menu.

Cabbage soup (based on Russian Shchee).
1 large white cabbage
1 large onion
a few mushrooms
some cauliflower
some garlic
any other low carb salad or veg items you have.
about 2 or 3 veg stock cubes.
A tablespoon of Bran or other fibre.
Some olive or flax oil
Some cauliflower

Chop up cabbage and everything else. Leave a generous cabbage stalk and put this in the pot whole. Boil everything for about an hour.

Take out the stalk and some of the veggies. Put into a liquidiser and blend (with care, it's hot!) Blend them into a puree and put back into the soup - this gives the soup body.
Boil for longer if necessary.

Serve with a generous dash of sour cream. A little oil may be dribbled into the soup to up your fat intake. A slice of lemon also gives it an extra zip.

Main course:
Stuffed peppers with simulated rice.
Ingredients:
Some large green peppers
A small packet of soya based mince (grounfd meat texture).
Some mushrooms
a large onion
Several tomatoes

Make 'rice' by grating cauliflower and boiling lighty.

Make stuffing by reconstitutng veg protein with some veg stock. Chop mushrooms and onions and mix together. Add seasoning to taste.

Prepare peppers (maybe you call them caspiums?) by cutting the tops off and getting rid of the seeds. Stuff then with the filling and bake them in the oven till they go a little soft.

Serve on the bed of simulated rice with a generous blob of sour cream on top.

Dessert is sour cream mixed with a little sweetener and sugar free cocoa powder.

If the moderator would like to move this to the recipies or vegitarian forum that's fine with me.

If you want to write to me 'Vegitarian' my e-mail is fletcherrobert~lycos.co.uk

Greeting to all from a snowy Belarus!

Robert