View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 17:49

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Good Point!!!

Every once in a while even a dolt can have a good idea! Although, I question whether butter is THAT good for you, given the fact that cows eat grain (much of it genetically unsound for human consumption or too high in chemicals that it is considered unfit for human consumption) in copious amounts each day. Most dairy cattle are not fed much in the way of sillage (which ruminants are supposed to eat...they are not designed to eat grain any more than humans are), although some are actually allowed to roam on the plain and eat grass...but around where I live, they all reside on big piles of cow dung and dirt, eat grains , and look extremely bored. Of course, to give credit to that willy beast, the COW, how much intellectual activity goes on behind those big vacant eyes, anyway? I have read a number of newer articles about butter fat from big production dairies. It has rather high concentrations of some of the more dangerous fatty acids, just like the meat of commercially fattened (feed lot) cattle that we get in the supermarket (Omega 6 transfatty acids, to name one group). Butter fat from Ol' Bessie, on the back forty of your local farm is very different than the stuff we buy in the supermarket from COW # 2578 of So and So Dairy in Los Angeles. I don't eat any dairy...nada...zilch...nothin'...for that very reason. I trim most of the fat from my steak, even though I could eat all I wanted and still lose weight. I probably sound like I'm a paranoid who'se worried about some COW conspiracy, but believe me, there is a major difference from the beef I ate as a kid that we raised from calves on our ranch, and the stuff that is USDA Grade A from Safeway. My wife's family owns feed lots in Montana. I wouldn't eat that meat with a ten foot fork! I was in Idaho, recently. We passed by a feed lot that was at least five miles in length along the Snake River and, aside from the stench that those poor beasts were living in, standing on piles of their own poop, fifteen feet high, what were they eating...almost EXCLUSIVELY, for the last two weeks of their lives? GRAIN... highly unnatural grain, too. Nope, I'll do my hunting and gathering as far removed from the big supermarket as humanly possible in these modern times.