View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/281/185
BF:
Progress: 19%

First off I'd like to thank you all for your replies and information, it's greatly appreciated.
I thought eating less carbs would be extremely tough, like it would kill me or something (not literally, but up til recently I've been basically living off of Mr. Noodles and junk like that.) My mom didn't like that, mainly because she's the kind that has to make every meal a meal.. Ha. I told my mom about my master plan and she's happy, the whole idea of losing weight has gotten me in a good mood and optimistic and stuff.

A good thing is when I decided to do a low carb diet, my cupboards were already empty, like I didn't eat all the time or anything, I just buy in weeks worth. So nothing really to tempt me in here, and yesterday I bought a lot of tasty meat, mostly beef and poultry, although I kind of want some fish. Maybe later I'll get some.

I started to go to the gym a few years ago and tried losing weight, that wasn't my primary goul, I also wanted strength, just because I always liked doing the 'feats of strength' type things with my friends, like throwing logs and stuff. I'm originally from Northern Ontario, so that kind of explains the log throwing and rock lifting.. Anyway I started losing weight and I figured it would take me til I was 21 to be atleast somewhere where I wanted to be, and that kind of bummed me out. I wanted results too quickly and got extremely depressed. I think it runs in the family or something. Maybe not, I was always a pessimist. ANYWAY, I didn't continue with it, then I started college and the drinking ensued.. so I gained all the weight I lost back, and now I am 22, going on 23 in a couple months.

well I see that I am rambling, I just find it easy to talk here, this isn't the kind of stuff I share with my guy friends or anything, being a Macho man and all .

Oh yeah the point of my little story above, well not really a point, was if I kept doing what I was doing, I'd be where I want to be right now, it'd take time, but I'd probably be happier and a lot lighter. I know it's going to take some time to lose the weight, but I am not going to give up this time, because if I do, say in two years, I'll be where I am now. It seems like a lot of time wasted and I don't like wasting time, I like efficiency.
See there I go rambling again, sorry.

I went to the gym again today, I find it hard not too. I am not exhausting myself or anything, I'm also going to take the weekend off because that's when I usually go walk around galleries or something, or something else.. Maybe fishing, I haven't gone fishing in a while, and I have a hankering for some free meat.

Sorry for the long message, I ramble, I'm a ramblin man, I can't help myself. Take care everyone, and have a great day/whenever time of day you are reading this.

Brian