#13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 23:10
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default What I find so mind-boggling...

...is that these doctors and scientists are perfectly willing to tell dieters that they need to create a calorie deficit or a fat deficit in order to lose weight, but freak out when someone suggests accomplishing weight loss with a carbohydrate deficit. How is eating 1100 calories a day (what my friend just finished doing with Weight Watchers) any healthier than reducing carbs and keeping calories up?! And by the way, if you're eating 1100 calories a day, aren't you on a reduced carb diet anyway? Carbs=4 calories a gram. Even if every single calorie you consumed was a carbohydrate, you'd still be eating 275 grams a day, around 10% less than the average North American. If you followed the nutrient breakdown most nutritionists recommended, you'd be getting 60% of your total calories from carbs, or 165 grams, which is half of what you were probably eating before.

I probably just don't get it because I only eat 30g of carb a day, so my brain doesn't function properly, and I'm always so busy bending up to pick up my kidneys from where they slid out of my body!