#15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 17:30

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Cool Stay away from a lot of fruit!!!!

Hello, Chapinho.
If you plan to lose weight on Neanderthin, you must stay away from large amounts of fruit during your loss period. After you have lost the amount you desire, then you can go on more fruit. What I've found is that although I don't gain weight eating fruit in copious amounts, I don't lose, either. Neanderthin is not a counting carbs regimen and you would be surprised if you saw how many carbs you're getting with one piece of fruit. I wasn't losing anything and was stalled for over two months...I decided to count up the carbs in my daily intake...which I knew wouldn't be much because I was eating "all the right things." WRONG! I had over 77 grams of carbs...all in fruit and was stalled, big-time! Ray Audette recommends that you eat the equivalent of about 1/2 a pear each day...now, that's not very much fruit, I'll tell ya! After about two weeks of eating the recommended foods...meat, fish, fowl, a very few nuts (I mean a VERY few because of their carb content), green veggies, a tiny amount of fruit and berries, and plenty of pure water...your appetite will diminish and you'll suddenly have a craving for veggies like you wouldn't believe! I was never a fruit or veggie guy until this diet. Now I can't get enough of either! I will set down at the table and completely forget my meat dish as I go for the veggies first! It just comes naturally! I will eat lettuce and brocolli and even onions without any dressing, and completely raw right out of the refrigerator! Just thinking about that makes me salivate, right now. I can hardly wait to get home tonight and devour a mean salad with my home made dressing (olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic, onion, salt, cayenne pepper, Italian Seasonings, and chili pepper) and a few raw nuts sprinkled over the top...YUMMM! My biggest sacrifice, now, is not eating too much fruit. Another thing...during the winter months our human metabolism changes for "cold weather" eating...just like dogs, and wolves, and other animals. Therefore, we tend to hold onto our weight a little tighter and it is often harder to get rid of it...Cave men didn't eat a lot of fruit, veggies, nuts or berries during the winter months. They ate meat and fat! Lesson to be learned.