View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 14:00

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Info on SAD and Question

Here is the question: Has anyone out there tried Celexa yet?

Here is the info:

It took me 42 years before anyone suggested I had winter SAD.

It negatively affected my whole life.

I can gain 15 pounds in very short order in january and february if I am not careful.

I have found that my SAD seems to coincide with my friends' fibro flare-ups. or vice-versa.

I have tried the light for two years, with little success. It helps in the early months (Oct, Nov and early dec), but then is not enough.

I used Effexor last year successfully, but this year it seems to be causing bronchitis????????????????

My husband has SAD and so do both my daughters. My husband and I are both children of alchoholics, although we are not ourselves. My husband's SAD is very severe. His starts in mid-September with no build-up. Just blam! Mine doesn't start until mid-October and very gradually gets worse.

I get depressed, gain weight, can't sleep (early morning awakening, my daughter has delayed sleep pattern), can't focus, hate my job, don't want to move, procrastinate on everything because I have no energy, don't want to socialize. And last year I started getting what appears to be symptoms of fibro.

SSRI's do help. And Effexor especially helped with the pains that I believe are fibro. And I wonder about low carb, even though that is what I am doing. I can't help but wonder if it will only make matters worse because supposedly your body needs carbs to make serotonin which is why carb craving gets so bad in the winter.

My youngest daughter is trying the cocktail of Effexor and Welbutrin. Welbutrin seems to help her with the drowsy effect of the Effexor. She is also losing weight on that combination.

I wish for my whole family and everyone else's that there was an easy answer to this. I don't like the side effects of the drugs. And by January, I would have to sit in front of the light for probably two hours and I just don't have that kind of time in the mornings.

So, I hope this helps someone. Maybe someone else won't have to wait to be in their 40's before someone recognizes that they actually have a problem. I can't even begin to tell you of the labels I have had put on me and I have put on myself, not realizing that I actually have a chemical imbalance.

Good luck to all!
Sponsored Links