View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 09:42

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

There is a general opinion on this board that eating veggies is an essential aspect to low-carb. Of course, a lot of us looooove veggies, especially now that we don't feel guilty eating them with lots of butter, oil, and dressing.

If you prefer not to eat a lot of veggies, you may find your menu limited and boring. I think I would, anyway. Perhaps you could experiment with all the different ways to cook veggies paired with fats and you'll find something that strikes you.

I'd recommend at the very least a multivitamin. Your body needs the vitamins, especially if you're not much of a veggie lover. Any old multi without iron should do, but if you want to get fancy Atkins makes vitamins tailored to low-carb diets. I take Basic #3 and also Essential Oils, because I don't really eat fish and want those fatty acids.

You may also experience a rapid loss in electrolytes and many people find that potassiam, calcium, and magnesium will alleviate symptoms such as muscle cramping associated with this.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!