View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 08:48

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hi, Innani

Yes, I believe there are people for whom this diet is wrong. Just like we low carbers complain about the pyramid and how it can't be right for everyone, so goes the low carb. I don't know for sure if the blood type diet is pertinent, all I know is I am a type O, and on low carb I lose weight very, very quickly. I have a girlfried who is type B, she went on low carb and lost only 3 pounds in 8 weeks! So she went to a naturalist (I think that is what she is) and she did a bunch of test and told her the low carb diet is like poison for her and put her on a different way of eating. Don't know whether to believe in all that or not, but every one I know that has had real success on the low carb diet has been a type O blood type. (success being not just weight loss, but feeling good and not being hungry and having cravings). Coincidence or not...you have to decide what to believe and figure out what is right for you.

And my husband...he is type AB...he eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants and not only doesn't gain weight, doesn't seem to have any food sensitivies either...and he is ten years older than I. If he tries to cut his carbs, he gets all shaky and weak. So, I figure if we are ever in a famine, I will survive and he won't. But until that happens...I have to cut the carbs.

If it is not working for you, you may not have your carbs low enough and want to try a different low carb diet.

I can't do any of the diets that give you more carbs than Atkins because as soon as I eat anything like they say you can eat (# of carbs) I go into a carb feeding frenzy.

Good luck! Hang in there and don't give up. There is something that you can do, you just have to find what is right for you!