#10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/214/210 Male 72inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Vivian,

Thanks so much for the informative and thoughtful reply.

I can only hope what you've gone through is exactly what's happening to me. Not that panic attacks are anything to sneeze at! I've spent the last 3 years of my life living the hell of panic attacks, and at least now I can control them somewhat, because at least some of the symptoms I know are from the attacks.

I don't have anything I can lose however, as it is the fear of liver disease that is generating all this anxiety. Symptom hits, more anxiety, which I guess could be leading to more symptoms. Vicious cycle, if that is in fact all it is.

I guess the only way to get rid of that is to have a definitive test done, a biopsy. That is the only thing I can do I guess to rid myself of this worry. Unfortunately there is no other test to accurately determine actual liver health.

Hopefully I can convince the doc of this when I go in to see him in December. It's a huge step, and not one to be taken lightly. If the results aren't good, so be it, hiding from it won't change anything. If I don't do it, I'll continue living in this hell I'm in, and that's not good either.

Thanks again. I've got a little more "in my own mind" ammo to digest now and carry me through til I meet with the doc.