View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 01:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/214/210 Male 72inches
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Why such rapid gain after cheat?

Been back on Atkins for a little over 3 months, and have been doing suprisningly well, averaging about 3-4lbs a week.

My question is this: Why is there such a rapid 2 to 4 lb gain the day after a one time cheat? Is this water weight? It can't possibly be fat, can it?

I've got a graph log I made up on MS Excell. It never fails, I usually take my son out to see his grandparents every other weekend, and the temptation is just too darn much, I usually end up munching some chips or a sweet one night a week. Without fail, the following Monday, the graph shows I've gained 2 or 3 pounds. A few days later, I get a 5 or 6 pound woosh going, and by the following Friday, I'm down another couple or 3 pounds.

These little twice monthly cheats may actually be helping weight loss I feel. I've not had this consistient success before on my previous Atkins experience. This time, it is like clockwork with the weekly weight loss.

It is more curiosity than anything, as I'm nearing my goal, and it hasn't stunted my weight loss much. And, it does keep serious cravings away during the week.

I've also experienced this with the Atkins muffin mix and locarb waffles, so my main concern is will I be able to have much of this stuff at all on maintenance, or will the weight keep going up with sweet tasting food? I can drink diet soda, crystal light, and all that all day long, but if I put sweet tasting low carb food in my mouth, it's all over it seems.
Sponsored Links