View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 23:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi!

It is quite normal for you to experience a slowdown after the initial loss. Remember that the majority of the loss in the first week or so is water. We can only reasonably expect to lose 1-2 lbs of fat a week at most. A "stall" is generally defined as a period of 6 weeks or more without a loss. Everyone is different and will lose at different rates and in different "patterns." For example, I have always been one to lose on somewhat of a cyclical basis. I tend to lose a bit every 4-6 weeks and relatively nothing in between.

I realize that you haven't lost anything since the first 2 weeks, so you may need to shake things up a little bit to jump start the losses again. Don't be afraid of carbs. There are plenty of good carbs out there in the form of low carb veggies. You may want to try incorporating some more of these in your meal plans. Many people have found that increasing their calories in the forms of good fats has helped to get the scales moving again. Also, are you consuming a lot of salt with your foods? This may cause water retention. If you haven't already done so, perhaps you could try tracking your food intake on fitday.com to see if you are perhaps not getting enough calories. It can be a great tool.

Hope this helps.

KC

Great job on the water!!

KC